Address: 1700 HWY 36 – Abilene, TX 79602
GPS: 1801 E South 11th St, Abilene, TX 79602
Phone: (325) 677-4376
Fax: (325) 677-0709
Facebook: Click Here
Cities & Hotels Nearby: Click Here
470 RV spaces
About the Venue
Whether you’re planning a horse show, craft show, exhibitor event, conference or family reunion, the Expo Center of Taylor County can handle it all. The Expo Center is large enough to accommodate any group, yet flexible enough to meet the smallest group’s most specialized requirements. Our professional Expo staff is proficient in planning, operations, maintenance and security. We also offer electronic and technical support to assist in making your event a success.
Each building is strategically designed for convenience and versatility. Our renovated facilities offer central heat and air, concession stands/catering kitchens, excellent lighting, spacious newly remodeled restrooms, sound systems and handicap accessibility. Tables, chairs, and stage equipment are available upon request. We also keep our exhibitors in mind, with truck-sized loading doors and tall ceilings to make move-in and booth set up easy.
The Coliseum features 30,000 square feet of exhibit area or an arena plus exhibit space. The Horse Barn arena is 100’ x 220’, the covered outdoor arena is 150’ x 300’ and we have 750 stalls under permanent cover.
The magnificent “Starplex of the West” outdoor entertainment pavilion boasts a 1,200 square foot stage, state of the art equipment, and seating for 1,000. As an added bonus, a 32’ x 96’ double-faced lampbank marquis, visibly located right off Highway 36 is available to electronically market your event. Add to this the 5,000 free parking spaces, and you have all the makings for a perfect event no matter how large or small!
Big Country Hall
The Big Country Hall contains 8,000 square feet of space and can host a maximum of 500 guests. Three entrances and a 25’ roll-top door provide easy access and make this facility appropriate for meetings, programs, wedding receptions and birthday and anniversary parties.
The Coliseum features 30,000 square feet of exhibit area, or 107’x 245’ arena plus 4,000 square feet of exhibit area. This facility is equipped with 5,000 permanent seats and an underground tunnel used by cutting horse shows. Home of the West Texas Fair PRCA Rodeo and Western Heritage Classic Ranch Rodeo, this enormous facility also hosted Garth Brooks, George Strait and numerous other popular shows and artists.
Covered Outdoor Arena
Considered the finest open-sided arena in the southwest, this 45,000 square foot arena includes bleacher seating to conveniently seat 2,000 spectators. This facility can accommodate any kind of livestock show, equestrian event, and much more.
The atrium entrance visually invites you into this 18,000 square foot facility. This building is capable of handling 85 10’ x 10’ exhibitor booths or 900 seated dinner guests. The Display Building, like the Round Building, is a multi-purpose facility and can accommodate indoor events both large and small.
The Livestock Barn, which also includes the Griffin Arena, contains 600 cattle ties, 400 sheep and swine pens, a show arena, wash racks, excellent sound system, newly remodeled restrooms and office space for livestock show officials. Equipped with a portable concession stand, this building is ready for any type of livestock event.
Modern Living Mall
With 15,000 square feet of exhibit space, this A-frame structure is facilitated with 66 built-in glass display cabinets, precisely designed for arts and crafts shows and collectible exhibits. Easily accessed with two main entrances, this facility also has a small kitchen and office.
The Round Building is known for its large, circular, open area and massive dome skylight. The atrium warmly invites you to enter the 18,000 square feet of versatile convention space. With the capacity to handle 950 guests, this building is perfect for parties, dances and arts/crafts shows.
- NOLAN COUNTY COLISEUM Sweetwater, TX 4.9 (7)
- Mashburne Event Center & Arena – Childress, Tx 4.5 (2)
- Hill Country Youth Exhibition Center Indoor Arena – Kerrville, TX 4.3 (4)
- Fort Bend County Fairgrounds – Rosenberg, TX 4.7 (6)
- Expo Center of Taylor County Abilene, Tx 4.7 (7)
- Uvalde County Fairplex Indoor Arena – Uvalde, TX 4 (2)
- West Texas Horse Center – Odessa, TX 4 (3)
- Amarillo National Center – Amarillo, Tx 4.3 (6)
- Lonesome Pine Equestrian Center – Lubbock, Tx 4.3 (3)
- Mallet Event Center & Arena – Levelland, TX 4.8 (6)
- Navarro County Exposition Center – Corsicana, TX 4.5 (4)
- Coombs Stable – Hutto, TX 4 (2)
- WILL ROGERS MEMORIAL CENTER – FORT WORTH, TX 3.7 (3)
- Lubbock Municipal Coliseum – Lubbock, TX 4 (1)
- J.S. Bridwell Agricultural Center – Wichita Falls , TX 4.4 (5)
- Somervell County Expo – Glen Rose, TX 4.9 (12)
- San Antonio Rose Palace – San Antonio, TX 4.1 (7)
- Johnson County Sheriff’s Posse Arena – Cleburne, TX 3 (8)
- Extraco Event Center – Waco, TX 4.8 (8)
- Ector County Coliseum – Odessa, Tx 4 (1)