Equivent Take entries online for your event without any fees to you (the producer)
[shortcode-weather-atlas city_selector=2356454 layout=”horizontal” background_color=”#b20505″ daily=5 sunrise_sunset=1]
The Burton Complex includes the Burton Coliseum, Burton Arena, and Burton Event Barn, all situated on 50 acres of land near the airport in Lake Charles. The Complex opened its doors to the public in 1977 and has been offering a wide array of events ever since. The Burton Complex is owned and operated by the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury.
The Burton Coliseum itself is a domed facility with the capability of seating up to 9,000 people. At the time of the coliseum’s opening, it was the only domed coliseum between Houston and New Orleans. The roof of the dome is 105 feet high, with over 24,000 square feet of concrete floor space, and the building is air conditioned and heated. Recent capital improvements made to the Coliseum have given the facility a new look with a completely new exterior and roof, new LED lighting both inside and out, and refurbished interior spaces. The Burton Coliseum is home to both the State Boys and Girls High School Basketball Championships in 2014 and 2015!
The Chalkley Room, a banquet-style room in the Coliseum, can seat 275 people comfortably and is available for any number of activities.
The Burton Event Barn provides 160,000 square feet of floor space for various events all under a massive 4-acre roof! From Livestock shows and other western events to car shows, festivals and flea markets, the Burton Event Barn can accomodate most anything!
The Burton Arena, a 50,000 square foot, covered arena with seating for 1,000 people.The facility is excellent for equestrian and rodeo events with sound and lighting, restrooms and a concession area.
All four facilities of the Burton Complex are available to be utilized together or separately. The Complex has parking for 3,500 vehicles and RV/Camper hookups available for 275 units, which all include electricity, water and sewerage.
The Burton Complex was designed to allow for maximum adaptability to your needs and is one of the most adaptable facilities in the state.
- Louis Mouch Jr Multi Purpose Facility – Port Allen, LA 4.5 (2)
- Rapides Parish Coliseum – Alexandria, LA 0 (0)
- Monroe Civic Center Pavilion – Monroe, LA 0 (0)
- C. M. “Mike” Zito Multi-Purpose Center – Plaquemine, LA 4 (1)
- Farr Park Horse Activity Center – Baton Rouge, LA 5 (2)
- Burton Coliseum Agricultural Arena – Lake Charles, LA 4 (1)
- Assumption Parish Agricultural Complex and Arena – Napoleonville, La 3 (1)
- Rice Arena – Crowley, LA 4.5 (2)
- WEST-CAL Arena – Sulphur, La 4 (1)
- Ike Hamilton Expo Center – West Monroe, LA 4.7 (3)
- The Pavilion at Coushatta – Kinder, La 3.8 (4)
- Lamar-Dixon Expo Center – Gonzales, LA 4 (1)